Okay, so with last week's episode and the notion a lot of Walking Dead fans hold that Carol (Melissa McBride) isn't dead, I got to thinking (thanks Tracy Gollins!) about all the theories and ideas I have had or heard about the show.
Let's make this fun by posting some of the more interesting theories out there for Season 3 of AMC's The Walking Dead. As time passes, and theories get added, changed, proved or disproved, I'll edit and repost the list. Anyone who has an interesting idea, or who has read the comic series and would like to prove or disprove theories, let me know in the comments below and I will alter concepts at will.
Carol Isn't Dead
- She's the voice on the end of the phone
- She's hidden somewhere in the prison
- She is dead and just not found yet
- She's a zombie
- WetPaint have mentioned a spoiler that has Daryl (Norman Reedus) searching the prison for Carol and finds a zombie with a fresh knife wound. Assuming it's Carol, he panics because she now no longer has a weapon. He eventually finds Carol but she is near death/almost powerless
Lori Isn't Dead
- She didn't get eaten by the zombie (after all, didn't the blood trail lead AWAY from the zombie?)
- She is a zombie (Really, did we SEE Carl (Chandler Riggs) shoot his mum? Or did he shoot while not looking and didn't check for the head shot before leaving)
- Carol found Lori (Sarah Wayne Callies) and patched her up before she died (hence the reason for her operating practise on zombies AND the blood trail)
- Did Rick (Andrew Lincoln) pick up a tooth? Didn't Michonne (Danai Guriri) say by removing the teeth, zombies become more docile? Just putting it out there...
- This guy is a fruit loop - anything is possible! So hit me up with your ideas everyone :-D
- He's keeping more than his zombie daughter, his wife is floating around too
- Each of those zombie-head fishes belong to someone he knows (or personal conquests of his)
The Person/People Watching the Prison
- The Governor's (David Morrissey) crew
- Andrew (Markice Moore) (the inmate Rick locked out with the zombies). He found a weak point in the wire and escaped. Since then he kept watching the prison, looking for a way to get back in and stir up trouble.
Who's on the Phone?
- Carol - she's stuck in another part of the prison, trapped in by zombies and she's that desperate she tried calling out
- Lori - Rick is crazy
- Amy (Emma Bell) and/or Jim (Andrew Rothenberg) - there is a theory that Rick gets 3 calls, the first from Amy (Andrea's (Laurie Holden) deceased sister), the second from Jim (who died in Season 1) and the final call from Lori - once again, Rick is koo-koo-la-la (Source: Wetpaint)
- The Governor is messing with Rick's head
- Morgan (Lennie James) - remember walkie-talkie guy? That's Morgan. maybe Rick is still trying to contact him and has mentioned the name of the prison.
Zombie Fight Club
- This is apparently a crucial plot bunny according to Michael Rooker (Merle). Once again, this source is credited to WetPaint. Can't work out WHY it would be a big plot point though - any ideas?
Please let me know if you would like to add to the list!
Source: WetPaint.com - Major Walking Dead Season 3 Spoilers: What Happens to Carol, Rick, Michonne, Governor on Episode 6, "Hounded"?
(Photo Credits: AMC)